Our mission is to:
- KNOW Jesus by faith and worship Him,
- GROW in Jesus,
- SHOW the love of Jesus to others, and
- GO share what Jesus has done.
What We Believe:
- The Bible, including both the Old and New Testaments as originally given, is the verbally and plenarily inspired Word of God and is free from error in the whole and in the part, and is therefore the final and authoritative guide for faith and conduct.
- There is one God eternally existent in three distinct persons in one divine essence, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father has revealed Himself as Creator and preserver of the universe, to Whom the entire creation and all creatures are subject.
- God created Adam and Eve in His image to live in fellowship with Him. They fell into sin through the temptation of Satan and thereby lost fellowship with God. Through their disobedience the entire human race became totally depraved, that is, self-centered sinners who oppose God, and who by nature are unable to trust, fear or love Him. They are subject to the devil, and are condemned to death under the eternal wrath of God.
- Jesus Christ, the Eternal Son, is the image of the invisible God. To accomplish our redemption, He became fully human, being conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Jesus Christ, who is true God and true man, by His perfect obedience and substitutionary death on the cross, has purchased our redemption. He arose from the dead for our justification in the body in which He was crucified. He ascended into heaven, where He is now seated at the right hand of God, the Father, as our interceding High Priest. He will come a second time personally, bodily and visibly to gather the believers unto Himself, and to establish His millennial kingdom. He will judge the living and the dead and make an eternal separation between believers and unbelievers. His kingdom shall have no end.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person eternally one with the Father and with the Son. Through the Word of God He convicts people of sin, persuades them to confess their sinfulness to God and calls them to faith through the Gospel. He regenerates, sanctifies, and preserves believers in the one true faith. He comforts, guides, equips, directs, and empowers the church to fulfill the great commission.
- The knowledge and benefit of Christ's redemption from sin is brought to man through the means of grace, namely the Word and the Sacraments.
- Eternal salvation is available to every living human being on earth by God's Grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. This salvation consists of an instantaneous aspect and an ongoing, continual aspect, namely justification and sanctification.
- The Church Universal consists of all those who truly believe on Jesus Christ as their Savior. The local congregation is an assembly of believers in a certain locality among whom the Gospel is purely taught and the Sacraments are rightly administered. The confessing membership of the local congregation shall include only those who have been baptized into "the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," confess personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, maintain a good reputation in the community and accept the constitution of the Church of the Lutheran Brethren. It cannot, however, be avoided that hypocrites might be mixed in the congregation; that is, those whose unbelief is not evident to the congregation.
- The Church of the Lutheran Brethren practices the congregational form of church government and the autonomy of the local congregations. The office of pastor and elder is to be filled by men only. The synodical administration has an advisory function as it relates to the congregation and an administrative function as it relates to the cooperative efforts of the congregations.
- The Lutheran confessions are a summary of Bible doctrines. We adhere to the following confessional writings: The Apostles' Creed, Nicene and Athanasian Creeds, unaltered Augsburg Confession, and Luther's Small Catechism.
Mark Tungseth, Pastor
Dale Hexum, Pastor to Youth & Families / Church Administrator